Scholars in a nutshell

This section serves as a guidance for those who want to apply for scholarships especially for SPM leavers (excluding state-funded scholars like FELDA,YT,YS and MAIK because it is state-specific and not open to students from other states/non-FELDA)

PNB
BNM
Khazanah

Petronas
YTN
YTM
UEM
JCORP
Sime Darby

JPA
MARA
YPPB

If you want to know the amount of allowance of each scholarship, you would have to comment or dm on my post in this blog before I give you the access link to it.

Sunday, June 21, 2015

MEXT INTERVIEW AND CH2M HILL INTERVIEW


There were 2 interviews last week. I did not know what to expect but I always thought that each interview would be a pretty intimidating one. Asking for my employer for extra leaves, I managed to do so by giving reasonable excuses and plenty of explanations of course.

Arriving in KL, I went to the stipulated area for the exact place a day before, to know its actual location. On the day of the interview, I arrived an hour early to get a parking space. I t was not until 2.00 pm that I started to get into the building. Once I entered the area, the officials requested that all mobile phones and electronic devices should be taken by the personnel. Thus, I could not take any picture and as such.

Then, I proceeded to the designated area before the interview. We had to wait there for about 20 minutes before going to another waiting room for the interview. After going to the waiting room, I met up with some candidates, asking their majors and their past career options and others. I just did that so that I could gather more info on what are the options for my type of major.

FYI, in that day, there were about 18 candidates(Tuesday) that were divided into different time slots. Not to mention the previous day, about 16 candidates(Monday) were called for the interview. I would assume that more candidates are being called upon on Wednesday and Thursday. This would result in an approximate total of 60-70 candidates before the final 20-25 candidates are being offered the scholarships.

Interview wise, it was quite ok although the interviewers were not that much of friendly bunch. There were 5 interviewees in total. (1 MALE from JAPANESE EMBASSY(He was there during the 1st written exam too,sitting in front with Japanese Embassy staffs), 2 MALES FROM UM(I knew them because they are lecturers in Ambang Asuhan Jepun in UM), 1 MALE FROM UPM(Presumably because I could see a business card that stated "UPM" in front of him on the interview table, and 1 FEMALE (from JPA or Malaysia Governement or Universities I guess, because she was the most interviews that asked much about my research thingy). I did state about my topics, my aims and the repercussions that I could use from the study for both Japan and Malaysia. It went for about 10-15 minutes for each candidates, although some might exceed 30 minutes due to interesting researches that caught up the interviewees' attention. After the interview was over, I went home feeling somehow elated that the interview had ended.

For CH2M Hill interview, I went to the office in Mont Kiara. I would say it a more relaxed and enjoyable type of interview because the interviewers were so casual and yet full of expertise that takes years of practice. The interviews had 2 interviewees, one local manager, and another one foreign worker. All in all, they just looked at your academics,ko-k, your working experience, life expectations and etc. It went for about 1 hour plus.

It was good to know there are companies that are willing to take you eventhough you are just fresh graduate. Most importantly, you need to have good values within yourself so that you could become a good worker for the organisation that you are working with.

JAPAN EMBASSY KUALA LUMPUR

P/S: Applying for KYUEM'S English Teacher. Just pray for the best.























No comments:

Post a Comment