Scholars in a nutshell

This section serves as a guidance for those who want to apply for scholarships especially for SPM leavers (excluding state-funded scholars like FELDA,YT,YS and MAIK because it is state-specific and not open to students from other states/non-FELDA)

PNB
BNM
Khazanah

Petronas
YTN
YTM
UEM
JCORP
Sime Darby

JPA
MARA
YPPB

If you want to know the amount of allowance of each scholarship, you would have to comment or dm on my post in this blog before I give you the access link to it.

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

What have I learned in university for 4.5 years?

This is going to be a very short post. Some things that you and I need to ponder upon. It was quite surprising to note that 4.5 years had gone by just like a lighting bolt of thunder. You could not resist nor dampen it strong enough. That is why people always say, live life to the fullest and never let the time fading away without doing things that you cherish most. As for me, I have lived my life of 23 years with not just academic studies and results, but also a myriad of co-curricular activities, talks, swimming, debating, doing Summer Exchange Program in Taiwan, visiting to many countries, you name it.

But, I still utterly feel that I have not done much yet, most probably of the lack of financial capacity that I have yet to obtain in a quite stable position. There are things that don't require money but most of them do. Thus, I just keep on looking various ways that I can explore so that I will grab the chance whenever it comes. 

Back to the topic, HERE are the 5 THINGS that I have learned from my university years:

  1. Every people is unique and each has different personality
  2. Lecturers can be quite friendly and hostile at the same time
  3. CGPA is not everything, but still, it is very important plus with kok and other stuffs that you want to add to your self-value
  4. You reap what you sow
  5. Grab as many opportunity as you can for any events/program/activities that might interest you
All in all, I could say that my batchmates are extremely pluralistic with different attitudes and characters. Some of them are too conscientious and diligent while others can be very indolent, sluggish and slothful people. Being in a competitive environment previously, I have faced with many chinese counterparts during my Primary and Lower Secondary years, incredibly genius girls during my Upper Secondary and Pre-University Pasum years. Thus, that could explain the reason that I always take things very seriously. I don't blame them for their own sluggishness but I just hope that they can change for the better because I do want to share the success with the people and friends around us.

As far the opportunity is concerned, it is true that you won't have much free time once you are working after your graduation. It is a fact of life. Thus, enjoy your time in you uni just as your school years had been previously. Those moments will never come back for certain. It just occurred to me that I wanted to be involved with many more activities, joining competitions etc, but at least I had been given the opportunity for a summer exchange and a few thousand bucks for winning a music composing competition. Not to mention, the certs and trophies that I have collected so far.

p/s: Hoping for something is not enough, putting an effort in getting what you want will definitely make your hopes few steps closer to the dreams that you always wish for. Plus, with God's blessing and our parents' blessings of course.
My first ever "Umrah". Hoping for a second one if I get my ovc scholarships or ptd offer. Keep on praying and putting self effort towards it

No comments:

Post a Comment